How to: Unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge
Prerequisites to unlock your S6
1. Dial *#06# to find your IMEI number
2. Purchase you unlock code here: Samsung Galaxy S6 unlock codes
3. Your code will be emailed to you
Unlock Procedure: Use your new SIM card to unlock your phone!
1. Insert a SIM card from a new carrier (not the one the phone was locked to) and turn on your phone, you will be prompted to enter your unlock code.
2. Enter the entire 8 or 16 digit unlock code that you received by email and then press unlock. If you don't already have a code, you can order your Samsung unlock code here: Unlock Galaxy S6.
3. There is no step 3! You should now be able to use your phone on any GSM network
Check out our video
Supported Carriers and Variants
These instructions will help you unlock a Galaxy S6 (GSM versions only) from a supported carrier (including AT&T, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, Rogers, Telus, Bell, Telcel, Digitel, Vodafone, O2 and many more). We support unlocking the standard Galaxy S6 as well as the Galaxy S6 Edge.
About the Galaxy S6
The Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were announced on March 1st, 2015 and released on April 10th, 2015. The two devices are nearly identical, though the Galaxy S6 Edge appears to be the more premium devices with its curved screen and slightly larger battery. Samsung has moved away from the use of plastic for which it has long been criticized and has embarked on a premium, prestigious design that offers style, durability and elegance.
The Samsung S6 and Samsung S6 Edge have supercharging support which will allow up to 4 hours of use after just 10 minutes of charging. The screen size remains the same at 5.1 inches however the resolution has been increased to 1440 x 2560 pixels (~577 ppi pixel density).
The Samsung S6 and S6 Edge have the same 16 MP resolution as the Samsung S5, however is sports vast improvements to the camera sensor and a best in class f/1.9 aperture lens. Additional key features such as Optical image stabilization along with an auto HDR mode that intelligently sees HDR for you when required were also added. The front camera has been upgraded to a 5 MP and will also have the HDR mode feature and the f/1.9 aperture lens.
Samsung released multiple models of the phone across international markets including the SM-G920F, SM-G925F. The initial release is based on Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop).