How to: Unlock Samsung Galaxy S5
Prerequisites to unlock your S5
1. Dial *#06# to find your IMEI number
2. Purchase you unlock code here: Samsung Galaxy S5 unlock codes
3. Your code will be emailed to you
Unlock Procedure: Use your new SIM card to unlock your phone!
1. Insert a SIM card from a new carrier (not the one the phone was locked to) and turn on your phone, you will be prompted to enter your unlock code.
2. Enter the entire 8 or 16 digit unlock code that you received by email and then press unlock. If you don't already have a code, you can order your Samsung unlock code here: Unlock Galaxy S5.
3. There is no step 3! You should now be able to use your phone on any GSM network
Check out our video
Supported Carriers and Variants
These instructions will help you unlock a Galaxy S5 (GSM versions only) from a supported carrier (including AT&T, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, Rogers, Telus, Bell, Telcel, Digitel, O2 and many more). This includes the variants like the Galaxy S5 Active, the Galaxy S5 Sport and the Galaxy S5 Mini.
About the Galaxy S5
The Samsung Galaxy S5 was released on April 11th, 2014 and was a breakaway success for Samsung. Samsung sold 10 million units within the first 25 days, and 11 million units within the first month. Improvements over the previous model included a new 16 mega-pixel camera, a fingerprint reader and IP67 certification for dust and water resistance
Samsung released several different models of the phone across international markets including the SM-G900A, SM-G900T, SM-G900H, SM-G900F and SM-G900W8 . The initial release supported Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) but there have been subsequent updates for Android 5.0.1 (Lollipop).