How to: Unlock Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Prerequisites to unlock your Note 5
1. Dial *#06# to find your IMEI number
2. Purchase you unlock code here: Galaxy Note 5 unlock codes
3. Your code will be emailed to you
Unlock Procedure: Use your new SIM card to unlock your phone!
1. Insert a SIM card from a new carrier (not the one the phone was locked to) and turn on your phone, you will be prompted to enter your unlock code.
2. Enter the entire 8 digit unlock code that you received by email and then press unlock. If you don't already have a code, you can order your Samsung unlock code here: Unlock Galaxy Note 5.
3. There is no step 3! You should now be able to use your phone on any GSM network
These instructions will help you unlock a Galaxy Note 5 (GSM versions only) from a supported carrier (including AT&T, T-Mobile, Rogers, Telus, Bell, MetroPCS, Sasktel, O2. EE, Vodafone and many more).
About the Galaxy Note 5
The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 was first released in Taiwan, Thailand, and Singapore on 15 August 2015, it became available in the United Stateson August 21 2015. Simililar to its predecessor, the Note 5 features a Quad HD Super AMOLED 5.7-inch display with damage-resistant Gorilla Glass 4, while it provides a slighlty high pixel density of 518 ppi.
The Note 5 follows tightly behind the Galaxy 6 launched earlier in the year, with nearly identical design, many shared internals and very similar software. A metal frame surrounds the phone and there's glass on both front and back, with the back pane sporting curves that help you hold the phone better.
Samsung released several different models of the phone across international markets including the SM-N920A, SM-N920F, SM-N920H and SM-N920W8. The initial release ships with Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop).